How to Transfer Text Messages from Android to Computer? [2021 Updated]
Q: "How do I transfer text messages from my Android to my computer? I have tons of messages on my Android tablet and need a backup because it looks like a mess in my current messaging app."
Although social software is becoming more and more popular, text messaging is still an indispensable feature on Android phones. Nowadays, we send and receive a lot of text messages on Android phones. At the same time, we are also worried that these messages will be lost for various unpredictable reasons. That is why people want to look for how to transfer text messages from Android to computer today. In this way, you can compensate for its vulnerability and strengthen its security.
This article will show you four methods of Android SMS transfer to PC. Let us learn them one by one, and then choose the method that suits you best.
- Way 1: Transfer Text Messages from Android to Computer via Android Assistant (Video Tutorial Included)
- Way 2: Save Text Messages to Computer from Android via Android Backup & Restore
- Way 3: Save Text Messages from Android to Computer with Official Software
- Way 4: Transfer Text Messages from Android to Computer with Android Apps
Way 1: Transfer Text Messages from Android to Computer via Android Assistant
If there are hundreds of thousands of text messages stored in your Android phone, the best way to copy them from Android to computer is using the professional Android SMS transfer tool called MobiKin Assistant for Android. It can help you transfer text messages from Android to computer as a backup without any hassle and keep all your Android data and settings in the original state. Additionally, it supports almost all Android device models.
A brief look at Assistant for Android:
- Export text messages from Android to computer in one click.
- Manage Android SMS on computer, such as back up and restore Android SMS, send and reply text messages on computer directly, delete unwanted messages from Android in a batch.
- Transfer and manage other types of Android data, including contacts, call logs, apps, photos, videos, music, etc.
- Support a wide range of Android phone brands, such as Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, Motorola, HTC, Sony, ZTE, and many more.
If you are interested in it, just click the icon below to download and install this helpful Android SMS transfer tool:
How to download text messages from Android to computer with Assistant for Android?
Step 1. Download and install Assistant for Android on PC
After downloading and installing the program on your computer, launch it, and the main interface of it will show up like the following.
Step 2. Connect your Android phone to the computer
Use a USB cable to connect your Android device to the computer. Then go with the on-screen prompts to make the connected phone recognized by the software. Once connected, you will see the brief information about your phone is displayed on the interface.
If your Android phone couldn't be detected by the program, please make sure USB debugging is turned on and USB drive was installed on the computer.
Step 3. Select the text messages to transfer
Click the "SMS" option in the left panel, the software will begin to scan the messages saved on your mobile phone and list all the messages in the right panel. You can now read and preview all your Android text messages on the program.
Step 4. Copy text messages from Android phone to PC
Tick off the messages that you wish to extract from the Android phone and hit the "Export" button from the top menu to export them from Android to PC.
The Android text messages have been transferred to the computer successfully. Now, you can check the text messages from your computer without restrictions. Here is a detailed guide about how to view Android text messages on computer.
Video tutorial about how to extract text messages from an Android phone and save them to PC:
MobiKin Assistant for Android also equips the "1-click Backup & Restore" feature, which allows you to directly back up and restore the whole message folder on the computer with one simple click. So, if you wish to backup all SMS on Android to PC, you can also use the "1-click Backup" feature of this program to achieve your goal easily.
Quick guide: Link your Android to PC > Tap on "Super Toolkit" > "Backup" on the primary interface. Check the "Messages" option and hit "Back Up" to start the Android text messages backup to PC.
You may also want to know:
- How to Transfer Text Messages from Android to Android?
- How to Transfer Text Messages from Android to Mac?
Way 2: Save Text Messages to Computer from Android via Android Backup & Restore
MobiKin Backup Manager for Android is a reliable Android data backup & restore tool specializing in creating backups and restoring from them for your Android phones/tablets. In addition to text messages, it can also back up Android contacts, photos, call logs, videos, music, documents, apps, and more on a computer. It allows you to connect an Android phone to the computer via USB or WiFi and supports almost all Android devices and Android OSes.
How to get text messages off phone onto computer with Android Backup & Restore:
Step 1: Connect the Android device to computer
Ensure that the Android backup and restore program is already open on your computer. Connect your Android phone to the same computer via USB or WiFi. You will then get a new screen of the program like below:
Step 2: Select the text messages to backup
Click the "Backup" option from the main interface and you will get a list of data types. Simply check the option for "Messages". You can also tick off other file types according to your needs.
Step 3: Start to copy text messages from Android phone to PC
You can click "Browser" to specify a location for saving these output messages. Then, click the "Back Up" button to begin the Android SMS backup process.
Way 3: Save Text Messages from Android to Computer with Official Software
In order to make it easier for users to use their own branded mobile phones, some mobile phone manufacturers have developed official software to allow users to better manage mobile phone data. For example, Samsung Kies, LG PC Suite, Huawei HiSuite, etc. Now we take Samsung Kies as an example to tell you how to use it to move text messages from phone to computer. Please note that the following steps are only for Samsung devices.
- Download and install Samsung Kies tool on your computer.
- Connect Samsung device to the computer via USB cable or WiFi.
- Kies will automatically detect your Samsung device.
- Click the "Back up/Restore" option and find "Data Backup".
- Tick the "Message" option and click "Backup" to back up SMS to pc.
People Also Search for:
- How to Backup & Restore Samsung Phone Data with Kies
- Top 6 Android Transfer Apps to Transfer Data between Android and PC
Way 4: Transfer Text Messages from Android to Computer with Android Apps
Can you copy text messages from Android to computer without desktop software? For convenience, more and more people like to manage their devices through apps. And many Android applications for various purposes have also appeared in the Google Play store. Among them, you can find highly rated SMS backup applications such as SMS Backup+ and SMS Backup & Restore. In this part, we will take SMS Backup & Restore as an example.
How to get text messages off of Android phone by using SMS Backup & Restore:
- Download, install and run the SMS Backup & Restore app on your Android phone.
- Choose the "Backup" button from the main screen.
- Choose what you would like to backup. You can backup all the messages, including MMS and conversations.
- Choose a location on your phone to save the backup file. Here, you can also upload the messages to Google Drive if you signed in with your Gmail account.
- Confirm the settings above by tapping on OK.
- Click "BACK UP NOW" to start the SMS backup process.
However, the disadvantage of using mobile apps is that if your phone is stolen or crashes, you will not be able to use this method to import text messages from phone to computer. In addition, these apps are only available for higher version Android devices. Therefore, if you find that this method does not work on your phone, please try the other methods described in the article.
As you can see, there are four different ways available for you to transfer text messages from Android to PC or Mac. Which one is the best in your mind? In my opinion, the first method - using Assistant for Android, is the ideal choice because it not only enables you to save text messages from Android to computer, but also empowers you to manage other files on your device. Do you agree with me? Just share your thoughts in the comments section below.
How to Print Text Messages from Android?
Android SMS Recovery: How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android?
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Computer? (4 Ways Included)
How to Transfer Photos from Android Phone to PC?
Ultimate Guide on How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android in 2021
5 Easy Ways to Get Pictures off a Broken Phone that Won't Turn on